It’s that time of the year when the tv channels are full of those cheap programmes reviewing the last year, so as I sit here recovering from my annual bout of Christmas flu, why don’t I do the same? Actually, we published our annual report in September, so I’ll just update you on the last few weeks leading up to the big day (for most of which, I was in bed – ill! – sympathy vote).
This year, we found a great simple nativity play – “Our First Nativity” which was really effective. I attended all 5 lives performances at the various churches and can confirm –
- incredible audiences! – parents, relatives and friends came out in droves this year, there were over 70 people at some of the venues.
- some amazing Oscar nominations –
- the pregnant Mary with a cushion up her dress, who sat back and stroked her bump – method acting at its best
- the wise man who shouted, ‘Mum, Dad, it’s my bit. Are you watching?’
- the angel who performed an energetic Michael Jackson inspired solo disco routine
- the Joseph who also boogied his way through the show
- Universal praise for the presentations, the children and the staff.